Tip #53 – How to be a BRIDECHILLA™ by Off The Beaten Path Weddings – Get inspired with these earth-to-table cocktails, and bookmark this cocktail recipe for tonight!
Last week we introduced some really awesome ways to bring rosemary to your next tablescape. If you haven’t seen the post yet, check it out here and be ready for another way to pair nature’s elements with what’s going on your table tonight. Straight from some real Off The Beaten Path Weddings, here are some of our most favorite craft cocktails.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 18 mint leaves, torn
- 2 cups frozen/fresh blackberries
- 3 mint sprigs
- 4 cups natural store-bought lemonade
- mint sprigs
- Bring the water and sugar to boil in a small pot. Stir the water/sugar mixture until the sugar is dissolved then turn off the heat. Add the torn mint leave and give the pot a stir. Allow the simple syrup to cool.
- Add the blackberries to a blender. Place a strainer over the mouth of the blender and pour the mint simple syrup into the container. Discard the mint leaves. Blend the simple syrup and the blackberries on low speed for just a few seconds at a time, just enough to break the berries apart but not enough to puree them.
- Fill a juice pitcher halfway with ice and add the mint sprigs. Pour the lemonade and the blackberry mixture over the ice. Stir the blackberry mint lemonade and add more ice if necessary before serving.
- If not, serve, enjoy, and SAVOR THE EXPERIENCE!