We want to wish ALL of our chill readers a very Happy Valentine’s Day. And what better way to celebrate than with a fresh, earth-to-table Valentine’s Day cocktail with your sweetheart? Thanks to our friends at Brit + Co, we’re sharing this perfect drink with you today… See instructions below!
Brit + Co: For our next Cupid-friendly trick, we’re serving up a fizzy, buzzy, fruity cocktail! This delicately flavored Valentine’s Day cocktail uses concentrated Pomegranate White Tea, adding extra dimension and flavor to your favorite sparkling wine. White tea has a fuller, sweeter, milder flavor than other teas because of it’s short fermentation time. You could also use pomegranate juice if you can only find regular white tea.
For the sparkling wine, we used Mumm Napa Rose, which compliments the tea beautifully with notes of crisp apple, vanilla, and cherry. Top with fresh pomegranate seeds for texture and flavor.
This cocktail is unsweetened so it is boyfriend and husband friendly!
Ingredients (makes 2 cocktails):
– 3 sachets white tea (preferably Pomegranate White Tea from Trader Joe’s)
– 1/2 cup hot water
– 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
– 2 teaspoons pomegranate juice (optional)
– sparkling wine
1. Immerse all 3 tea sachets in hot water. Let steep for 5 minutes then remove and discard tea sachets.
2. Chill tea until very cold.
3. Add two tablespoons tea to the bottom of two champagne flutes.
4. If using, add 1 teaspoon pomegranate juice to each flute.
5. Top with sparkling wine and pomegranate seeds.
Immerse all 3 tea sachets in hot water. Let steep for 5 minutes then remove and discard tea sachets. Chill tea until very cold. Add two tablespoons tea to the bottom of two champagne flutes. If using, add 1 teaspoon pomegranate juice to each flute. Top with sparkling wine and pomegranate seeds.Enjoy immediately with your sweetheart… CHEERS!