We’re just going to state the obvious right now: we love chalkboards. But who doesn’t? If you didn’t know this signature Off The Beaten Path Wedding detail, well, be prepared to start loving them just as much as us by the end of this post. Chalkboards can be found at any craft store and personalized to fit almost any wedding theme. Use them as a welcome sign at your guest table, as a “here comes the bride” sign for your ring bearers/flower girls, as a prop for your photo booth, as a table number sign, as a menu… the possibilities are limitless.
PHOTOGRAPHY BY MATT EDGE
Just check out this Off The Beaten Path Wedding on Style Me Pretty and see all the ways chalkboards can be used. Don’t you love how versatile they are? Check out some of our favorite chalkboard ideas below to get just as inspired as we are about this fun wedding detail.
1. Once Wed brought this awesome chalkboard globe DIY to our attention last week. This would be great for a couple who loves to travel or wants a destination wedding. See how they can go with tons of themes?
PHOTO BY Erika Nicole Photography
2. What an easy way to have chair signs at the head table for the newlyweds. Could also say, “Mr.” and “Mrs.” or “I love him –>” and “<— I love her”. What will yours say?
3. Photo booth props! Let your guests write a chill saying of their own to make your photo booth a lot more memorable.
4. Chalkboards can also make great bar & beverage signs.
Photo by Paper Antler
5. Talk about hassle-free signage to point your guests in the right direction!
6. Absolutely love this chalk-styled map for a save-the-date. Very fun and artistic!
Map by Yours, Roxanne
7. Touches of chalk can also be used for thank you favors. Aren’t these match boxes cute?
Photo by Lia Griffith
PHOTO BY Jenny Jimenez
8. Now this Chalkboard detail takes DIY to a whole new level. What a great photo backdrop this is and a beautiful piece of artwork to have on your wedding day. If you plan on sending thank you cards to your guests, this would be a great image for them to receive from your big day!
Enough chalk talk, now that you’ve had a look at our favorite ideas and uses for chalkboards, you can explore the possibilities for yourself! You can even make your very own chalkboard using chalk paint! We recommend going to chalkink.com for all of your supplies, and there is even a step by step on A Beautiful Mess that shows how to make your own chalk paint (all you really need is a piece of wood!). Be sure to purchase the chalk-paint (this stuff looks amazing on vintage windows!) because regular chalk does not work. Another great place to go next? Etsy. You can start finding labels and frames, and other ways to personalize this chill wedding detail. Happy chalking!